Employment And Immigration

The Chaudhary Law Office, PLLC, helps employers and employees with immigration matters. Whether you are seeking entry or already working in the United States on a temporary visa, it is important to consult with an attorney about the paperwork and other legal requirements you must fulfill to permanently live and work in the United States.

There May Be Options Regarding Your Temporary Work Visa

You may already be working in the United States on a nonimmigrant temporary work classification such as the H-1 or L-1 temporary work visas. If your employer decides to sponsor your green card application, the procedure requires careful paperwork. In most cases, you must obtain an alien labor certification with the United States Department of Labor, in addition to filing a visa petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Employment Green Cards

There are five categories of employment-based immigrant visas. Since an attorney's admission to practice before the U.S. immigration courts is federal, I have submitted applications on behalf of individuals living across the country. Unlike employer-sponsored applications, various categories of immigrant visas do not require a labor certification. Some of my past clients include:

  • Investors: A non-U.S. citizen starting a new business in the U.S. that will employ at least 10 full-time jobs may be eligible for an EB-5 Immigrant Investor visa.
  • Polo players: Individuals recognized for their extraordinary abilities, such as professional athletes, may qualify for an EB-1 Priority Worker visa.
  • Sheepherders: Although most H-2 visas require labor certification, special procedures apply to sheepherders seeking a work visa or permanent employment.
  • University professors: After being offered tenure, immigrant professors who are currently teaching on a visa may be eligible to petition for a green card on their own, without employer sponsorship.
  • Religious worker visas: Religious workers, such as Hindu priests, may apply for permanent work authorization.
  • Cruise ship workers: Nonimmigrant cruise workers who arrive in the United States should consult with an immigration attorney about their work and residency options.

Get Your Employment Immigration Questions Answered Today

Regardless of where you are located, the Chaudhary Law Office, PLLC, can review your work visa or green card application and troubleshoot for errors. We can help you get your employment-based immigration application right the first time. To schedule a consultation, contact my firm online or call 612-206-3721.